Steve Buscemi’s alleged attacker identified by police – KOMO News

1 minute, 19 seconds Read

A man sought by authorities after he allegedly attacked a Hollywood actor was identified.

New York City police told The National Desk 50-year-old Clifton Williams is the man they are looking for that’s connected to Steve Buscemi’s attack.

The actor was attacked on May 8 in New York City’s 13 Precinct, according police.

Police responded to a 911 call of an assault in front of 369 3rd Avenue in the morning.

Ads


Sponsor A War Children Today: 
SaveWorldChildren.org

The 66-year-old actor told police officers he was punched in the face.

The “Fargo” and “Boardwalk Empire” star was taken to the hospital for treatment regarding bruising, swelling and bleeding to his left eye.

Detectives did not know Williams’ identity at the time of the attack.

Following the “random” incident, police put out photos of a man with a dark complexion seen in a dark baseball-style cap, blue t-shirt, black pants and white sneakers.

Williams who is suspected of the crime has not been captured as of Wednesday afternoon.

Buscemi’s publicist released a statement on Sunday saying Buscemi was OK.

“Steve Buscemi was assaulted in Mid-Town Manhattan, another victim of a random act of violence in the city,” according to a statement from his publicist. “He is ok and appreciates everyone’s well wishes.”

The investigation is ongoing.

Anyone with information about the assault of Williams’ whereabouts is asked to call the NYPD s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website.

The actor’s assault follows a string of similar incidents in Manhattan last month.

This post was originally published on 3rd party site mentioned in the title this site

Similar Posts