3 security forces, 2 assailants killed during terror attacks in S Iran: Reports – Press TV

1 minute, 52 seconds Read

At least three security forces and eight assailants have been killed during terror attacks targeting several military headquarters in the southern Iranian province of Sistan and Baluchestan.

The attacks took place in late Wednesday against the headquarters in question in Rask and Chabahar Counties, which are located in the southern part of the province, IRNA reported.

Alireza Marhamati, provincial governor’s deputy for security and law enforcement, said the attacks took place at around 22:00 local time (18:30 GMT).

“The assailants were confronted with thanks to the preparedness of the military and law enforcement forces,” he said, noting that several attackers had been either killed or injured during the confrontation.

Ads


Sponsor A War Children Today: 
SaveWorldChildren.org

“The security situation is under control,” Marhamati added.

According to the official, the so-called Jaish ul-Adl, a terror outfit that was formed in 2012 and has conducted several attacks on the Iranian soil in recent years, has claimed responsibility for the attack.

Majid Mir-Ahmadi, Interior Minister Ahmad Vahidi’s deputy for security affairs, said the terrorists attempted to “occupy” the two headquarters.

At least eight terrorists have been killed so far, and  six more are expected to captured soon, dead or alive, he added.

He said the terrorists were either killed or surrounded by the security forces, adding that they have taken a Chabahar citizen hostage.

The attacks were “a 100-percent failure” as the elements supporting the terrorists fled the scene with the presence of security forces, Mir-Ahmadi noted.

Reporting on the incident, Tasnim News Agency specified the group’s target in Rask as the headquarters of Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC).

“The Corps’ forces are engaged in purging the area,” it added.

Shedding more light on the details of the developments in Rask, the agency said the attack began after assailants started opening fire towards the IRGC’s headquarters there from the direction of the county’s main hospital. “They (the attackers) were faced with reciprocal fire issued by the Corps,” the agency said.

A number of the terrorists, meanwhile, tried to enter the headquarters by detonating explosives. “Their attempt was, however, frustrated as a result of heavy fire opened on them on the part of the Corps’ forces,” the report noted.

In Chabahar, the assailants simultaneously attacked the IRGC’s headquarters and the port Admiralty.

This post was originally published on 3rd party site mentioned in the title this site

Similar Posts